First Time Buyers
Buying your first home is a huge step. There are many questions to ask and potential pitfalls to avoid. Getting independent mortgage advice is essential.
What does Jackson Potter offer me as a first timer?
- Shop around the market.
- You get to know your borrowing capacity based on income /expenditure.
- Find out the monthly costs
- How much deposit is required with each lender
- Peace of mind that you are getting sound advice from market specialists with over 50 years’ experience!
Follow our easy steps below as we offer guidance for the whole process.
1) Initial interview - in person, email or phone to assess your needs and desires.
2) Having your mortgage agreed in principle with a certificate from a lender.
3) Putting your offer forward and getting it accepted
4) Completing mortgage application forms
5) Instruct a solicitor for you, if required, at very competitive rates.
6) Advise and arrange related insurances
7) Guidance, via regular contact, through the whole process until you get your first set of keys!
90% - 95% mortgages are available and have recently reduced in price. Parental/family deposits allowable. Contact us for details and eligibility! Key to your first home made easy.
As with all borrowing it is preferable to put down the biggest possible deposit as rates are cheaper and you will pay less interest over the mortgage term.
"Help to buy Equity Loan” for new build properties are available on properties up to a maximum purchase price of £600,000 with minimum deposit of 5%. The equity loan is available up to 20% in England and up to 40% in London.